contract to part time (paid)
Create Culture. Build Buzz. Make Memories. Join our Delicious Buzz team! We are a boutique communications agency specializing in innovative public relations, content curation, social media management, and special event production. We work with an eclectic mix of California and Hawaii clients from industries including art, events, food, health, nonprofit, retail, and travel. Learn more about us on social media at @DeliciousBuzz and our website at www.deliciousbuzz.com.
– hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR or journalism
– have 3+ years experience working in PR
– are extremely organized and skilled at meeting overlapping deadlines
– have an excellent track record securing recent local and national media placements
– are creative and can think outside the box with regard to storytelling and media pitches
– follow editorial calendars closely and schedule client pitches accordingly
– have current, already established relationships with Southern California/Hawaii media, bloggers, and/or social media influencers
– understand proper grammar and MLA format writing rules and you cringe when people use the wrong version of “your”, “you’re”, “their”, or “there”
– enjoy writing and creating public relations and marketing materials like bios, backgrounds, fact sheets, media advisories and press releases
– are social media savvy and a regular on your own personal pages on at least a few social sites
– have a personal Instagram account and fully understand hashtags
– have managed social media pages for businesses by following a strategy to reach monthly goals
– know how to search for and create compelling content when it is not readily available
– are able to work independently from your own remote “office” (we fully support your office being a coffee shop or the beach!)
– are excited to collaborate with the founder on weekly calls, with the team on monthly calls and at brainstorm meetings, and with your client accounts at monthly meetings and on calls as needed
– can mentor and work closely with interns as needed
– are okay with non-traditional work hours (sometimes we have 5am TV spots, sometimes we produce/attend night or weekend events)
– like networking and are excited to build client and media relationships outside of work by sometimes attending events on nights and weekends
– stay up to date with current PR and media trends via news, websites, blogs, social media, etc.
– are looking for long-term work
– are professional, responsible, accountable, creative, sociable, and go above and beyond to get the job done
Find and follow us on our social media to get a feel for our company culture. Submit your info on this form (below) OR send your resume, a PR writing sample, and tell us “why you” in the body of an email to buzz(at)deliciousbuzz(dot)com.