contract to part time (paid)
Join our team! Delicious buzz is a boutique communications agency specializing in innovative public relations, content curation, social media management, and event production. We work with an eclectic mix of West Coast clients in industries ranging from art, food and health to fashion, nonprofit and travel. Our team works remotely with weekly calls and at least bi-monthly team meetings.
As a PR Assistant you will help with a mix of our communication services for multiple client accounts. Every day is different! You’ll create messaging, manage social media accounts, work with photographers to create content, research media, build relationships, create pitch calendars, write press materials, pitch media, coordinate media coverage, submit event listings, assist with event planning and more.
Learn more about us on social media at @DeliciousBuzz and on our website at www.deliciousbuzz.com.
– are looking for long-term work
– hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR or journalism
– have 2+ years experience working in PR or with media in some capacity
– are extremely organized and skilled at meeting overlapping deadlines
– have secured local and/or national media placements
– are a creative storyteller and can think outside of the box for media pitch angles
– understand editorial calendars and how to schedule pitches and follow ups accordingly
– have already established relationships with media, bloggers, and/or social media influencers
– understand proper grammar and MLA format writing rules
– cringe when people use the wrong version of “your”, “you’re”, “their”, or “there”
– enjoy writing public relations and marketing materials like fact sheets, blogs, advisories, press releases
– are social media savvy and spend time on at least a few of your own personal social accounts
– have a personal Insta account, understand hashtags, and know that not all images are Insta-worthy
– know how to search for and/or create compelling content when it is not readily available
– are able to work independently from your own remote “office” (i.e. home, a coffee shop, the beach!)
– are excited to collaborate with the Founder on weekly calls and with the team on monthly calls
– will prep for team brainstorm meetings and for weekly or monthly client meetings/calls as needed
– can mentor and work closely with interns and contract staff as needed
– are okay with non-traditional work hours (i.e. 5am TV spots, night or weekend events)
– enjoy networking and will make outside-of-work time to build client and/or media relationships
– stay up to date with current PR and media trends via news, websites, blogs, social media, etc.
– are accountable, creative, social, take initiative and go above and beyond to get the job done
1) Follow us on social media to get a feel for our company culture.
2) Take this quick personality test to tell us your “type” (there are no wrong answers!): www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
3) Submit your info on the form below OR send your resume, a PR writing sample, and “why you” in the body of an email to buzz(at)deliciousbuzz(dot)com. Don’t forget to include your personality type.