part time (unpaid, PR perks given as available)
16-20 hours/week, 4 month commitment
for experience, portfolio building and maybe also school credit
Join our team! Delicious buzz is a boutique communications agency specializing in innovative public relations, content curation, social media management, and event production. We work with an eclectic mix of West Coast clients in industries ranging from art, food and health to fashion, nonprofit and travel. Our team works remotely with weekly calls and at least bi-monthly team meetings.
As an Intern you will assist with a mix of our communication services for multiple client accounts. Every day is different! You’ll create content, help manage social media accounts, research media, build relationships, create pitch calendars, write press and marketing materials, submit event listings, assist with event planning and more. Internships are unpaid, but we’re always looking for rockstars to promote into long-term paid positions.
Learn more about us on social media at @DeliciousBuzz and on our website at www.deliciousbuzz.com.
– are a junior/senior in college OR already hold a BA in marketing, communications, PR or journalism
– are timely, organized and good at prioritizing to meet overlapping deadlines
– are creative and can think outside of the box
– enjoy writing and understand that saying less is more
– understand proper grammar and MLA format writing rules
– cringe when people use the wrong version of “your”, “you’re”, “their”, or “there”
– are social media savvy and spend time on at least a few of your own personal social accounts
– have a personal Insta account, understand hashtags, and know that not all images are Insta-worthy
– are able to work independently from your own remote “office” (i.e. home, a coffee shop, the beach!)
– are excited to collaborate with the Founder on weekly calls and with the team on monthly calls
– will prep for team brainstorm meetings and for weekly or monthly client meetings/calls as needed
– are okay with non-traditional work hours (i.e. 5am TV spots, night or weekend events)
– enjoy networking and will make outside-of-work time to build client and/or media relationships
– stay up to date with current PR and media trends via news, websites, blogs, social media, etc.
– are accountable, creative, social, take initiative and go above and beyond to get the job done
1) Find and follow us on social media to get a feel for our company culture.
2) Take this quick personality test to tell us your “type” (there are no wrong answers!): www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test.
3) Submit your info on the form below OR send your resume, a writing sample, and “why you” in the body of an email to buzz(at)deliciousbuzz(dot)com. Don’t forget to include your personality type.